Education And Health
The Shire of Moora enjoys excellent education facilities. The Central Midlands Senior High School caters for students to year 12 and offers a wide range of educational and cultural opportunities.
Aligned to the high school is St James Residential College which provides high quality accommodation and care for up to 52 students.
Following is a list of schools within the Shire of Moora:
|Central Midlands Senior High School
||08 9651 1077
|Moora Primary School
||08 9651 1297
|Moora Child Care
||08 9651 1194
|St James Residential College
||08 9651 1240
|St Josephs Primary School
||08 9651 1132
|Miling Primary School
||08 9654 1063
|Watheroo Primary School
||08 9651 7038
||08 9651 1894
The Moora campus is the main administration and academic centre in the Northern Region. The Northern Region also includes the shires of Wongan Hills, Victoria Planes, Dalwallinu, Dandaragan, Gingin and Chittering.
C.Y. O'Connor College of TAFE continues to provide training in Business and Information Technology together with courses in Community Services. It is expected that the demand by employers for trained staff in these areas will increase significantly with the expected population increase on the coastal strip.
Moora Campus operates the successful Salmon Gum Community Nursery, not only providing a training facility for students, but also assisting in providing local provenance native species for revegetation projects.
In addition to the Moora campus, the region has satellite centres at Jurien Bay and Bindoon.
- Two general purpose classrooms
- A computer room for Business and Information Technology courses
- A second computer room specialising in Multimedia and Graphics
- Visual Arts facilities
- Video conference facilities
- Workshop facilities for automotive and metal trades
- Student common room and Administration facilities
Moora boasts a comprehensive Health Service that forms part of the Wheatbelt Region of the WA Country Health Service.
- The Moora District Health Service is comprised of a Hospital, A Frail Aged Lodge, Home Support Services, Meals on Wheels and Allied and community Health Services.
- A new 20 bed hospital comprising 12 acute and 8 High Care Residential beds has been recently completed.
- The hospital is supported by 4 doctors who operate from a modern privately owned medical centre.
- Visiting specialist service include: General surgery, gynaecology and psychiatry.
- Allied Health Services available include Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Podiatry.
- Community Health Services include Aboriginal Health, Child Health, School Health and Health Promotion.
- 9 Low Care Residential beds are available at the Moora Frail Aged Lodge.
- Meals and Wheels are provided from the hospital five days per week and this can be extended to weekends when required.
- A home visiting nurse services Moora and the surrounding area 3 days per week and a wide variety of home support services are offered to maintain aged residents in their own home.
- Adjacent to the lodge are 18 independent living units (a mix of single and double) run by the Homes for the Aged committee.
- A visiting dentist provides a part time service and the Department of Health's dental van visits schools on a regular basis.
- A pharmaceutical service is provided by a well stocked, privately owned local pharmacy.
Moora Health Centre (Surgery)
Dr Bernard Chapman, MBBS.
Moora Health Centre (Surgery) Information
||Monday – Friday
Services provided: Emergencies, Extended Care, General Admissions, Home Support, Lodge, Permanent Care, Physiotherapy, Respite Care, Visiting Surgeons (General and Gynaecology).
Moora Hospital Information
Moora Community Health Centre
Moora Community Health Centre Information
Dr Gary Mack B.D.Ss.Dip.Ed
Moora Dental Information
||Thursday and Friday
||0424 626 106